[Bf-committers] Reference Images Proposal

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Sat Mar 6 17:53:31 CET 2010

Hi,

I don't think this is a good idea, it really sounds like an abuse of
the concept of an empty to me, and a special object type for this also
seems too specific. Why not just use an mesh with a texture applied
and add the option to always show an object in a certain draw mode
somehow (which is different than what the current option does). I know
the whole draw mode topic brings up a lot of other problems but I
don't like the idea of adding something like this to work around
something that I think is a more fundamental problem.

Brecht.