[Bf-committers] Offscreen vewport rendering for legacy graphics cards?

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Sat Mar 6 17:49:13 CET 2010

Hi Ryan,

The problem with this is that the back buffer resolution generally
will not match the render resolution. On systems that do not support
FBO's it would be possible to open a new window as it does in 2.4x, I
can review patches for this but I'm not going to implement it, FBO
were just simpler to code and integrate nicer. Even old graphics cards
can support FBO's as long as the manufacturer decides to implement it
in new drivers.

Brecht.