[Bf-committers] Offscreen vewport rendering for legacy graphics cards?

Ryan Tralalaian kalast at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 16:21:38 CET 2010

The current rendering scheme for viewport rendering in blender 2.5 is
framebuffer objects. While this is a modern solution, a straight copy from
back buffer (I wouldn't even dream of implementing a pbuffer
approach...ouch!) would be a better solution for people like myself who
still don't own an OpenGL 2.0 compliant card. I feel that framebuffer
objects are not a big performance gain since a copy from GPU memory has to
be performed anyway.