[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [27269] trunk/blender/source/blender/ makesrna/intern/rna_space.c: Patch #21459: Expose viewmat (in Region3DView) via the py API

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Sat Mar 6 09:07:35 CET 2010

Am 05.03.2010 10:12, schrieb Tom M:
> Hmm I would think that would be quite easy to solve for brecht :) -
> just up sample based on uv coordinate per pixel.  It will still have a
> problem of stretching when you are at an extreme angle to the face,
> but that is also quite solvable by generating an image mask based on
> face normal angle to the viewing angle (another solution to it, which
> is mentioned in the digital humans book that talks about a texture
> projection shader is to project back on to the mesh from multiple
> views and based on how flat the face is to the texture being projected
> it determines how much of the texture to take from that view).

That last part sounds very interesting! I was in a task reconstructing a
texture of a broken ancient vase from photos and used projection
painting. But this method mentioned above sound like it could ease the
process a lot.

BTW: I found that "Project from View" always uses the View and is so
dependant from the zoom level of the view, which is somehow bad and
unwanted if you have a camera view, I think there it should only use the
outer dotted frame?

Carsten

--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/