[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [27269] trunk/blender/source/blender/ makesrna/intern/rna_space.c: Patch #21459: Expose viewmat (in Region3DView) via the py API

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:23:27 CET 2010

projection paint code can also do this, but not actually paint by hand
ofcourse, just use it to bake the image back.

The advantage with this is low res view project into high res texture
will work fine (wont miss pixels). and there is already code to do the
normal falloff (fade out faces that point away) and deal with UV bleed
etc.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Brecht did view based re-projection for BigBuckBunny with the gimp but
>> we didn't end up using it, IIRC it wasn't a high quality method.
>
> Hmm I would think that would be quite easy to solve for brecht :) -
> just up sample based on uv coordinate per pixel.  It will still have a
> problem of stretching when you are at an extreme angle to the face,
> but that is also quite solvable by generating an image mask based on
> face normal angle to the viewing angle (another solution to it, which
> is mentioned in the digital humans book that talks about a texture
> projection shader is to project back on to the mesh from multiple
> views and based on how flat the face is to the texture being projected
> it determines how much of the texture to take from that view).
>
> LetterRip

- Campbell