[Bf-committers] Text editor: "tab as space" as default? do we really need to push PEP8 that way?

Pacific Morrowind pacificmorrowind at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 09:13:20 CET 2010

Well I think it is time for my first post on this listserve; since I am
significantly in favour one way or the other for this issue.
I definitely think that tabs should auto be converted to spaces; most
recent Python dev will (and all SHOULD) be using spaces, many editors
(ie Notepad++) will automatically if you tell them to use spaces convert
the tabs to 4 space (or whatever you select).

It allows easier copy and pasting as well :) and good to follow the
official suggestions in more places so that all Python scripts are in
the prefered manner rather than some places in some styles and some
places in other styles..
At least thats my 2 cents.
Pacific Morrowind