[Bf-committers] Python RNA Type Registration

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 18:49:41 CET 2010

--- On Tue, 3/2/10, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> I propose to move to the meta level of "how to get to a
> decision".

That's something I would gladly do.

What are we missing to reach a decision?

Are their any points that aren't clear?

> In cases like this, the maintainer team should have a final
> say in
> consensus. If Brecht/Campbell/Martin cannot reach
> consensus, they
> could allow Campbell to have a final word, since he's the
> chief
> maintainer and will probably work on this code for many
> years anyway.
>
> Hopefully Martin can accept this?

I have no problem with a decision being taken, whichever way it goes, as long as the deciding factor is not based on a misunderstanding (which, as far as I'm concerned, is strongly the case now).

> Maybe Campbell just has to get used
> to the idea and finds out next year.

Considering the current register methods are barely one or two months old, I don't think nostalgia is a big factor. ;)

> And further, the
> Canadians won
> enough already! ;)

Here's an idea, lets settle this with Hockey!

Or Curling? ;)

Martin