[Bf-committers] TO THE DEVS — DECISION ABOUT LGM 2011

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:28:14 CEST 2010

TO THE DEVS.

Hi guys,

In the light of the proposed Guidelines for Organising LGM
http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference_2011
it would be great to know, as a team, if :

a) You have enough information to make a call on the proposed LGM venues for
2011? if not, what are you missing?
b) You had enough time for a round of internal discussions to see whether a
significant portion of your team will make it to any of the 3 possible
venues? If not, how much time would you like to have for such a round before
making it a team decision?
c) You are in the end satisfied by the process? if not please give some
hints on how to improve this process.
d) You are ready to make your call about the venues? if yes, please make it
now, if not please tell us when, and maybe why!

Parallel questions:
e) Do you think the guidelines are helpful? if not, are they useless? can we
improve them or should we simply remove the code?
f) What do you think of the bidding process? Should we keep it as it is, a
one-year process? or should we make it a two-year process? And do you think
again you have enough information to make a real choice? Please explain.

Thanks for getting back asap.

Louis

Each of the venues have a page on the Create Wiki:
Brasil: http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference_2011_Brasil_Bid
Canada: http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference_2011_Montréal_Bid<http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference_2011_Montr%C3%A9al_Bid>
Vietnam: http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference_2011_Vietnam_Bid