[Bf-committers] Some design questions on particle emission

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 00:03:03 CEST 2010

np. I thought you needed to know the total amount of particles in advance.

So yes, it would be even better, as an artist, to control the rate of flow, like a handle
on a garden hose, controlling a flow-rate input node
which specifies the rate of particle emission over time.

very similar to the time node now, that feeds a math node to multiply that scalar value to some
number? That does eliminate the need to guesstimate how many primary particles you needed,
which to me was arbitrary as an artist but made perfect sense as a programmer.

if you need to allocate memory in advance for some reason, you can always look ahead,
subject to the issue you identify.
--Roger