[Bf-committers] PyAPI breakage and possible solutions

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Jun 16 23:44:21 CEST 2010

On 17/06/2010, at 04:27 , Campbell Barton wrote:

> I'm not really interested in mailing list discussion on this topic, We
> can agree addons for release must be stable.

+1
* Releases must be final and stable
* SVN is for development not for use, there should be some expectation that things may break (which can ideally be reported and fixed)

And the big one that I can't emphasise enough:

* If addons are going to be included in Blender as part of official releases, they should also adhere to Blender's development cycle (feature freeze, stabilisation, release notes).

Otherwise they should have their own development cycle, not bundled with blender, but available as a separate download and managed as separate projects.

Matt