[Bf-committers] Paged particle buffer and real animatable emission rates

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Jun 15 01:17:47 CEST 2010

On 15/06/2010, at 02:24 , Lukas Tönne wrote:

> Just a quick update: I made a video showing some of the goodies,
> especially animated emission rate:

That's excellent. Reliable animated emission has been a basic yet very important feature neglected since the earliest days of particles in Blender. It's great to see fundamental stuff like this worked on, regardless of all the fancy extra features, doing production work with Blender's particles is still difficult to achieve even basic effects. Another thing to consider is spatially varying animated emission rate (from animated textures etc) - something we've also missed.

cheers,

Matt