[Bf-committers] Possible bug in handling of events

Justin Dailey dail8859 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 21:49:46 CEST 2010

Specifically in the Text space it seems to not handle a double click event properly when adding an operator for it.  There are other spaces (ie file) that properly handle single and double click operators. However the text space has the "set cursor" operator that runs as modal for a single click. I don't know the code that well but I believe the double click operator for the text space is not getting ran because the event system is stopping a double click event from happing after a modal operator on a single click. I have attached a simple patch that should prove what I'm saying. Once compiled with the patch, the new operator will not run when the text area is double clicked on. If, while running blender, in the preferences you temporarily disable the "set cursor" operator, only then will the double click operator print.