[Bf-committers] Bind Camera to markers

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Sat Jun 12 02:19:26 CEST 2010

Mike,
Where in the e-mail did I mention markers? :)
actually, it's the opposite. I think this kind of animation shouldn't be bound to markers at all!
I guess in this case markers were used instead of proper keyframes.
What I suggested is to have animatable certain properties, in this case scene.camera,
 which would have as possible keyframe values all the camera objects(or their names).
The closest thing to this also in 2.49 is animation of layers, since the keys are nothing
which could be interpolated by any other curve than constant, which would be also
 in these cases(change meshes, cameras, text data, ...)
I can imagine there could be a group which would define the possible
 set of keyframes for some property, e.g. group of meshes which would be
intended to replace some thing.
Which would possibly by the way enable another interesting feature, which is LOD
Game engine has this feature for meshes for ages, as the replace mesh actuator.
Hope this clears things up finally :)