[Bf-committers] We are idiots

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 15:39:09 CEST 2010

The semi-official python stance on Py3k is still that its not ready
yet, so if you admit to using py3k in #python they will tell you not
to.
(see the URL's linked from #python topic)

Since blender has switched totally to py3k... well you see how they respond :S

I think the people in #python miss that we are moving to python3 as a
longer term project, that blender 2.5 is still in development and that
our own api rewrite with poses a much bigger change then python3 alone
does.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Roger Wickes <rogerwickes at yahoo.com> wrote:
> call me an idiot, but why are we idiots if PIL has not been ported to Py3k?
> I am about to venture over there on an encoding topic, and would like to know
> the background.
>
>  --Roger
>

> Check out my website at www.rogerwickes.com for a good deal on my book and
> training course, as well as information about my latest activities. Use coupon
> Papasmurf for $15 off!

- Campbell