[Bf-committers] Bf-committers Digest, Vol 71, Issue 16

Harley Acheson hacheson at shawnigan.ca
Sun Jun 6 23:13:47 CEST 2010

Hello,

Just a silly little patch.

On Windows, when we double-click on a “blend” file to launch Blender with it, the OS will
add that document to its own “Recent Documents” list. However, if we open or save a
document within Blender that list is not updated. This is because we don’t use OS-supplied
dialogs for opening and saving.

The following patch informs Windows, using “ SHAddToRecentDocs ”, when Blender opens
or saves a document so that the OS knows about them.

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=22524&group_id=9&atid=127

On Windows XP these recent items can be seen in the “Documents” list on the Start Menu.
On Windows 7, however, this information is used in new ways. If Blender is added to the “Start
Menu” as a main item it will be shown with a per-application fly-out menu showing recent
blend files. If Blender is “pinned” to the new Windows 7 Taskbar, you can right-click on it to
see a “jump list” that will include these recently-used documents.

--

Regards, Harley Acheson

Virtual Dogsbody
Info Tech Department