[Bf-committers] Add-Ons & Primitive Objects.

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 21:01:59 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 06/05/2010 08:34 PM, Dan Eicher wrote:
> Could
> also have controlled breakage this way, all add_foo() calls (and the bundled
> scripts that use them) could be fixed on one commit.

just a note about api breakage documentation.

Sphinx permits to document when (in which version) an attribute or class
has been changed or added, using directives "versionadded"
http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/para.html#dir-versionadded
and "versionchanged"
http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/para.html#dir-versionchanged

If the api will be able to store the information of when a certain
feature has been deprecated (svn revision or blender version), we can
retrieve that information and use it in sphinx_doc_gen.py (used to
generate api docs), then at least in docs we can change css for
deprecated class/module/function/attribute to make this evident and
clearly redirect users to the newer item.

Regards,
Luca