[Bf-committers] Add-Ons & Primitive Objects.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 17:22:11 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Stephen Christie <undersampled at live.com> wrote:

>> 4/
>> A request for more scripts.
>> We need more scripts, so if you have any, please upload to
>> https://projects.blender.org/projects/bf-extensions/
>> Particularly, mesh tools & animation scripts.
>> Help with porting of scripts/tools from 2.4x is needed also
>> If you have done any of this, don't be shy. :)
>
> Wouldn't it be best to set up a system similar to Mozilla's, where all extensions are online where users can upload new ones, rate current ones, and the find the ones that fit them? Also, does it make since to have an official list of features that are included during install, that the user has to find and enable himself?
>
> Just my two cents.
>
> --UnderSampled

- Using the installation options to choose addons is unnecessary
complication since each OS has a different method for installing.

- An online addons repository would be OK however this would be best
as a front-end to the contrib svn repo, since we can manage version's
with svn and the bugs with the tracker, An frontend could be nice for
users to download the addons. rate etc as you suggest but its also
work for someone to manage, I'd suggest wait until Blender2.5 has a
stable release.