[Bf-committers] Add-Ons & Primitive Objects.

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Sat Jun 5 12:53:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Brendon Murphy <meta.androcto1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1/
> All the Add-On Primitives use a Re-Call menu function.
> This is in the add_edit_object_parameters.py Add-Ons script. (in add_mesh
> category)
> Basically it lets you re-create the objects menu after you have transformed
> or add modifiers.
> For the sake of consistency, I would request that Blender's Default objects
> be re-written in python,
> so all mesh objects can make use of this feature.
> Simple case: add a cube, move the mesh & the Toolshelf menu for the mesh
> disappears.
> with the re-call function, you call the menu back, if you need to adjust the
> mesh.

I don't think this is a good idea. We don't support a real
construction history currently, only the re-executing the last
operator, and we should not use this kind of hack to make it work in
one particular case. It's just not good practice to work around such
limitations, better to work on improving the way operators work,
instead of adding ugly code to work around the design. I suggest
removing this functionality even for the add-ons.

Brecht.