[Bf-committers] Seamless texture mapping

Vincent Nivoliers vincent.nivoliers at loria.fr
Tue Jun 1 13:00:52 CEST 2010

Hi,
   I surely understand that you have lots of other things to do. We have
indeed some code to share, and that was the objective of this proposal.
We have here a partial reproduction of mixed integer quadrangulations,
with some modifications (mostly we don't have the final tricks of the
paper, and we changed the expression of the minimized energy for the
parameterization). We also have Direction Field Design that we use to
generate the direction field for MIQ instead of theirs (which presumably
doesn't handle high frequencies in the geometry of the mesh very well,
but that's a supposition). The first author of our paper also
implemented Quadcover. All this was part of the first "grid preserving
parameterizations" part I was talking about in the paper. All this code
was supposed to be present in the clean graphite version I was talking
about. However, this is graphite code, based on its halfedge mesh data
structure and attribute manager, I don't have a clue about how difficult
it would be to transfer it to blender.
   Thanks for your concern,
Vincent