[Bf-committers] Patch for "Bump map painting preview". Please, review

Fredrik hansson fredrikhansson_12345 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 23:37:53 CEST 2010

just noticed one thing you could optimize more when looking at this new updated code
your get_img_normal(...) has a normalize on the normal in it already so the next line with normal=normalize(normal); can just be removed.
anyway looks great now.

did think of one thing that would maybe be better.
instead of having a height -> normal setting in the material setting that is glsl only why not have it active when the normalmap checkbox is turned off + set to affect the normal in the influences.
that way it would be a better preview since it would still show up without artifacts when rendering unlike how it is now where you have to change the settings before a render.
also with that the scale value in mtex_image_h2n_rgb2float could probably be tied to the influence value of the normal. and with that getting it to look pretty much exactly like the rendered version (the normalmap shaders value would have to be a constant 1 instead of the influence value for that to work).