[Bf-committers] Fake User for Brushes

Luke Frisken l.frisken at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 07:38:48 CEST 2010

I knew someone was going to mention something along those lines! I
think that the inconsistency is from the user's  visual perspective
rather than a technical one. Selecting a brush happens to be a similar
operation to selecting a texture (or selecting anything related to
visual data for that matter) in that regard despite what happens
underneath.

I guess it isn't really a serious problem, when people learn how it
really works, but it shouldn't be too hard to solve either. Regardless
of this, thanks for all the work on the sculpting. And I trust that
whatever happens, it will be good for blender :)

On 7/23/10, Jason Wilkins <jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brushes are ID blocks, not types, so its completely consistent I think.
> The brush 'type' is the 'tool' and it is selected using a drop down menu
> like texture types.
>

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Luke Frisken <l.frisken at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sound's good to me Jason! But seriously, the way the brush selection
>> works departs from the blender norm. You don't click on the texture
>> preview to select the the texture type. Same goes for materials. Not
>> to say that the new brush panel is worse, or a bad idea, but I also
>> think it would be good to better indicate the change. Perhaps a little
>> title above labeling it brush selector? Or perhaps you are right,
>> maybe a little naming might fix the problem ;)
>>
>> On 7/22/10, Jason Wilkins <jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com> wrote:

>> dont

>> > collapsed.
>> > The only other thing I can think to do is give the tools technical names
>> and
>> > rename the
>> > collapsible panel to something scary like 'Algorithm'
>> >

>> --
>> Sent from my mobile device
>>
>> >From Luke

Sent from my mobile device