[Bf-committers] Color Balance & Color wheel issue

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 01:15:04 CEST 2010

as far as I know the nuke color correction tool is only based on CDL. (I'm
actually not sure we have issue w/ CDL havn't tried this one for a long
time. )
But a great thing about nuke is that each of component (SMH) got it's own
three-way. which give you a much higher precision in each of those space
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/4620. I believe that would be easy to reproduce
if each color wheel was inputs as well.

As Stu said, LGG is a tweaked formula. it does make it easy to control color
correction other your image as soon as it is in non-linear. so we can do two
things :
- recommend to people in documentation to do the same setup that Sebastian
did each time there are in CM mode. (because there wouldn't be any point to
de-linearize the input for other node that this one ... I guess...)
- or do the gamma operation in case of CM in the CB node. but somehow I
think that's almost what did Campbell, didn't he ?

Also about the nuke part, I think some of the color correction node are in
the NDK (aka SDK)

I totally agree about the LUT stuff, but last time I checked with Matt it
wasn't plan anytime soon. I'm just talking about a work around for now.

François