[Bf-committers] Blender Event System

Fabrizio Milo aka misto mistobaan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 09:23:54 CEST 2010

Hi folks

First of all Thank you for the time you spent in the wonderful blender.
I was looking / hacking insize the windows event manager system, specifically

> blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_event_system.c

a chunk of refactored code is http://www.pasteall.org/14425

specifically I broke down the big loop inside

> void wm_event_do_handlers(bContext *C)

into separate handlers for each region.

I think is useful to have events like Drag Enter, drag exit, mouse
over etc, and each space knows how to handle it.
Is there anyone that can tutor me on some of the concepts that are in there ?
Like the term "modal" and the handler associated to it, or the "tweak
event" concept.
( The code has this comment  at the moment  /* user preset or keymap?
dunno... */	// XXX WTH is this? )

I am doing this because I think that a modeler should have the best
UI-event system possible :)

All the best

Fabrizio