[Bf-committers] hotkeys and sculpting

Michael Williamson michaelw at cowtoolsmedia.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 08:32:02 CEST 2010

My initial reaction was "ewww, muscle memory".... It's about the only
shortcut I use in sculpt mode (I switch brushes using the toolbar)

so I've never had Toms problem...

But after thinking a while, I'd think that rather than moving it to
something obscure it'd be better on all those keys freed up because
you're in sculpt mode....

"ctrl" seemed a much better candidate as "lasso select" will never be
used in sculpt mode, and  it's consistent with "painting apps" like,
well, painter!
and ctrl is right there as a home key...

but then I remembered that ctrl is used in sculpt now!
... so what about RMB?
select is awkward and feels like a mistake in sculpt mode... especially
when you accidentally select and drag other objects in the scene...

it may not suit all tablet users, but feels more progressive than
choosing a "random unused key"....