[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5x beta status

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at 2me.fi
Wed Jul 14 08:09:11 CEST 2010

I'm a mac user, but have never like the .dmg approach. It is probably done with good intentions in mind, but makes a really simple thing (copying a directory) unnecessarily complicated. I'd rather see the most simple solution, accompanied by just as simple an explanation =) I came from Linux to Mac, but the beautiful backgrounds, arrows and symbolic links to the Applications folder didn't help me a bit. Just couldn't understand the install process... why? Because all the fancyness lead me away from what it actually is, i.e. copying a directory.

-mats