[Bf-committers] Proposal to Remove Features

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at 2me.fi
Fri Jul 9 17:55:26 CEST 2010

Personally, I'm not against field rendering staying in Blender. If it's used, of course it should not be removed.

I do understand what fields are used for, and what problems fields originally were meant to tackle. My point here is that in my case, I always render things in parts, move things around and scale my rendered output during the compositing phase. So it's then better to use progressive renders, as moving or scaling interlaced footage is impossible (without removing fields, which throws away half of the image resolution).

Cheers,
-mats