[Bf-committers] Proposal to Remove Features

Michael Williamson michaelw at cowtoolsmedia.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 09:36:52 CEST 2010

/"File browser should hide hidden files and filter types by default.
Every file browser does this, and it just seems to be what you want
nearly always anyway. Especially on mac/unix hidden files are really in
the way in the home directory. "/

Yes please!  could it filter more types?

"sticky coordinates" is something I've HAD to use in the past (followed
be a script to convert to UVs)  because of "project from view" not
working quite right.... if that's fixed then fine!

*
Controversial list: *I'm sure that I'm not alone, but here's the things
on that list I have used (and so would miss)

"all edges" option should be "on" if removed!  it's crucial to be able
to see all the  edges rather than hiding them for game dev....

"blend sky" is useful for quick access  as well as lighting...

"bounds" draw type is something I use a lot for organising scenes for
games worlds...

"shadow" render pass seems like a bad thing to remove...

"particle line/path/billboard" seems to have no alternative?

I presume that if the cubic material interpolation option is removed
it'll be switched on right?