[Bf-committers] Logic UI current to do list

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 09:10:22 CEST 2010

It's time for an update in this list. I'm going out on vacations next
Tuesday so I will resume working on that only in 2nd week of August.
If anyone want to keep working on that you are more than welcome. I'll
be reading/writing emails if communication is needed.

Important:
- boundaries for Logic Editor panning - should be trivial (gah nothing
is trivial in Blender ;)
- manage multiple objects selected at the same time - problem with
passing a property for the active context. Matt and Diego are aware of
that (and I hope Diego can help fixing it ;)

- game properties currently can have the same name as s/c/a and they
shouldn't - after talking with Ton I think this problem should be
tackled in depsgraph
- missing hability to change states (per controller) - missing design
decision here actually, implementation should be simple

Important but hard to do:
- drag & drop to move the s/c/a up and down - according to Matt drag &
drop for UI will have to wait a lot. So probably using old 2.49
buttons to move them up and down. Wonder if we should have an operator
for that as well (or even use rna_*_api.c functions for that)
- link/unlink logics through python - done [using fancy rna*api.c -
really cool], waiting for Matt's review - the next step would be to
replace the current (old) linking code with that.

Not so important:
- visible states is "unable" when ALL is on, but can be edited.
- visible states is reset to init states when you re-open your file
(maybe it's by design, dunno)

It would be nice to have:
- increase size of link/inlink "buttons" when mouse over
- create an AND controller when linking a sensor with an actuator

That's all folks,
I will see if I can do one or two items of this list before flying.
Otherwise see you in August,
Dalai