[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [30031] trunk/blender/source/blender/ blenkernel: Revert revision 29735:

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 16:33:36 CEST 2010

  -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit:
From: Brecht Van Lommel <brecht at blender.org>
To: bf-blender developers <bf-committers at blender.org>
Date: 07/06/2010 07:59 PM
> If you want to change that you should talk about this with metaball
> maintainers (Jiri and Ton), it's not something that should be done as
> part of a bugfix.

Ok, discussed some more bigger changes in this area with Ton and decided
that it'll be better to make them after Durian is finished.

> The change broke working metaball + particle system setups here, which
> is why I looked into it. Can you explain why it is unusable?
I just wanted to say that motherball scaling makes no effect here. I've
just created one metaball and one plane, added particle system to the
plane and set metaball as dupli object. No of duplicated metaballs are
visible. There are only two ways to make them visible: either increase
particle_size or use lower resolution of metaball. There is even report
in the tracker about this:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=21747&group_id=9&atid=498

And pardon for such changes. I showed patch to Matt, but i'd better
showed it to Ton/Jiri

--
With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin