[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [29921] trunk/blender: convenience functionality for browse button ( requested by Colin for the sequence editor, useful for managing files for the final edit)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 17:46:30 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com
<zanqdo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some time ago I changed a tool-tip for snapping tools in order to clarify
> the action of Ctrl key in snapping. Immediatly Theeth or Matt told me we can
> not use keys in tool-tips anymore since in blender 2.5's
> flexible key-maps they aren't fixed and can change. Good enough... but Ive
> seen many commits like this one that ignores this fact so I'd like to have a
> concrete answer about this topic now. Is mentioning specific
> key combinations on tool-tips acceptable or not?
>
> pura vida
> Daniel Salazar

Shift/Alt are hard coded and not apart of a modal keymap as with transform.
So while I can see this is not an ideal design I also don't think
theres a problem with including the keys in this case.
Maybe this can be moved into a right click menu.