[Bf-committers] Blender installation paths

Andrea Weikert andrea at aweikert.de
Sun Jul 4 00:09:50 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Since the installation is the last big issue to be solved before the
next beta, I thought I'd give a quick overview of the current status.

I've reviewed the patch created by Matt Ebb, Nathan Letwory and Damien
Plisson and worked in the changes discussed also on IRC with Nathan.

I did some testing and the code should be finished, at least for
Windows. What remains to be done is updating the build system files
(SCons, CMake) and the actual installer on Windows.

For details of the changes I did and for further discussion, take a look
at the patch tracker entry:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=22339&group_id=9&atid=127

If I remember correctly, Nathan has already started on the SCons files
and installer, I can provide some help there in the next days as well if
necessary.

Cheers,
Andrea