[Bf-committers] particles in BGE with opencl

Ian Johnson enjalot at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 05:49:50 CEST 2010

Hey guys,

I've reached an early milestone in my project where I have something to
show! I've got my super simple particle system running inside blender, using
a custom modifier to turn a mesh object into an emitter. It's using OpenCL
and OpenGL interoperability. I've written it up on my blog (with links to
the code):
http://enja.org/2010/06/30/blender-game-engine-particles-in-the-mix/

and there I made a screenflow so you can see it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP6zfAVm7B0

The more I learn the more questions I have! I'm trying to figure out the BGE
rendering pipeline because the way I hacked this in there isn't the
cleanest. I also need to move my system from my external lib to internal
blender code which means following blender style guidelines! I'm using
git-svn to keep up with 2.5 trunk for now. I feel like I'm just getting
started, but it's really exciting!

--
Ian Johnson