[Bf-committers] Fwd: Relevant Siggraph paper for Durian Rendering request (true 3d motion blur)

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Wed Feb 24 17:39:41 CET 2010

Am 24.02.2010 um 12:59 schrieb Nathan Vegdahl:

> I suspect the kind of jittered sampling used for motion blur in other
> renderers is not possible given Blender's rendering architecture.
> Maybe if blender had an option to render with pure raytracing.  But
> even then, there would have to be a lot of work put in to handle
> moving geometry in an optimized way.

What about the method which is linked two clicks away:

	http://www.rhythm.com/~ivan/pdfs/sketch2007.pdf

Basically they store a motion vector for each pixel, and blur the image afterwards. Easy to implement, better than simple image space blurs, but of course still with drawbacks: only the object which is frontmost in the concerned pixel gets blurred correctly. Occlusions and transparencies cannot be handled perfectly well.

Cheers,

Arne

--
Dipl.-Inform. Arne Schmitz              Phone   +49 (0)241 80-21817
Computer Graphics Group                 Mobile  +49 (0)151 29145947