[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5 malicious scripting

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:20:09 CET 2010

It seems quite oviouse that we need a new layer of security in all
OSes. We have su and user now, we need to add program. Anything
launched by Blender should not be able to open files made by Firefox
etc. This is not a problem that Blender will be able to solve but I
don't see asking the user to be of much use anyway. The artist I know
just say, " what does that mean?" and then click what ever it takes to
get the silly program working again. Not ideal but real. Perhaps
Blender should have a repository or secure scripts that people can get
so that we are not out downloading scripts from random places?
--
Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.