[Bf-committers] blender game engine as a plugin to blender

Erwin Coumans erwin.coumans at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:55:46 CET 2010

Charlie (snailrose) and me originally looked into a BGE plugin,
but we moved towards loading data directly from the .blend file.
(as an alternative to a plugin or faster python fileformat io)

you can see our current work here: http://gamekit.googlecode.com

For fast turnaround, you can save a temp .blend and start the external GE.
Of course the view window would be on top (separate) from Blender.

What kind of integration are you looking for?

Do you want to share the existing Blender viewports through the plugin?
For that, you would need to pass on an OpenGL context.

Do you want to share Blender/ghost mouse/keyboard input?
Thanks,
Erwin