[Bf-committers] Mirror and array modifiers for curves

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:19:23 CET 2010

Why can't we use mesh to store only constructed curves/surfaces?  IMHO
in this case we shouldn't use any tricks to handle weight and to
reconstruct curve from mesh.

And as I wrote earlier, we could add modifiers, ahich will affects on
curve data (if I'm right is stores in DispList) and bevel/tape objects/

Which approach does the community prefer?

Laurynas Duburas wrote:
> That's what I meant.
>
>> So maybe we should have wrappers just for creating existing DerivedMesh
>> structures, which will work with curve object?
>>

> I guess, control point weight information to newly created ones could be
> carried through CustomData. Surface grid and curve leg structure can be
> reconstructed by following newly created edges.
>
> There is another problem in these two modifiers. Vertex merging can
> violate lattice structure, these cases might be tricky to handle. In
> worst case maybe it's possible to end up the error message.

With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin