[Bf-committers] Are ffmpeg, xvidcore, libmp3lame and x264 permanently removed from blender?

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Fri Feb 19 16:12:52 CET 2010

On 02/19/2010 11:08 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
 > I maintain blender for openSUSE where these packages aren't allowed, I'm
 > happy that they are no longer there because the pre_checkin.sh and the
 > script it calls to remove the offending directories are no longer
 > needed. I just needed confirmation that no prohibited formats are
 > included so I can change the spec file and remove the scripts for good,
 > I also have to mention it in the change log.
 > ATM blender-2.50 is only in my home project but I am building svn
 > snapshots to ensure there aren't build issues when it's released. Do you
 > think that there will be a stable 2.50 by the end of May in time to make
 > it into openSUSE 11.3?
 > Regards
 > Dave P

Quoting blender.org:
"
Betas 2, 3 and 4 will add additional UI features, alongside further tool development, leading up to
a fully stabilised and production ready Blender 2.6 release in mid 2010.
"
http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-250/

AFAIK there will no stable 2.50, because this is a development version of blender (like Linux 2.3).
But the blender developers said they want to have 2.60 (which will be the next stable release) at
the next SIGGRAPH (which is somewhen in the summer).

	-panzi