[Bf-committers] Are ffmpeg, xvidcore, libmp3lame and x264 permanently removed from blender?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:05:14 CET 2010

This removal is intentional, if the packages are not available from
your distribution you can either use non-official packages or compile
them yourself.
Otherwise you could change distribution to one that matches your taste
in commercial codecs or disable FFMPEG.

To my knowledge official releases will still be bundled with ffmpeg
libs (xvidcore, lame etc) so this is only a problem if your building
blender.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Dave Plater <dplater at webafrica.org.za> wrote:
> Hi, in preparation for a build of svn 26977 my pre_checkin.sh couldn't
> find any of the above directories in extern. These aren't allowed in
> openSUSE, does this mean they're gone for good?
> BTW I'm building with collada using static libs because of uncertainty
> over openCOLLADA being consistent with their API.
> Thanks
> Dave P

- Campbell