[Bf-committers] COLLADA problems in 2.5

Arystan Dyussenov arystan.d at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:01:01 CET 2010

Hi,

The export problem could be related to a bug in OpenCollada library. It is
discussed here
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2010-February/026195.html.

The fix is to apply a patch from this bug report:
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=21108&group_id=9&atid=498

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Wael EL ORAIBY <wael.eloraiby at gmail.com>wrote:

> 1. Building it was a pain, I had to build OpenCollada alone and then
> install
> it manually as the provided default building scripts don't install the
> right
> things in the right places.

Static Libraries have to be copied manually to [opencollada]/lib as
mentioned in wiki
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kazanbas/Building_Collada_Branch#Copy_libs_into_..2Flib

2. It seems there is something missing in the scons script about opencollada
> : the env variable 'BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC' is pointing elsewhere. so this had
> to be tweeked manually (putting an opencollada clone would solve these
> problems)

In latest svn, the scons option BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC can be left out, only
BF_OPENCOLLADA is needed.

Regards,
Arystan