[Bf-committers] 2.5 alpha 1 test build AHOY

Andrea Weikert andrea at aweikert.de
Wed Feb 17 01:08:10 CET 2010

Hi all,

Windows 32bit build uploaded to
ftp.blender.org/incoming/blender-2.5-alpha1-win32.zip

I had some trouble with getting the build to run on my WinXP machine,
while on Vista it ran fine. Shortly after showing the main window, the
runtime terminated. The resulting crash report showed the python31.dll
as being responsible - I couldn't verify this though since we don't
build against any other version of python anymore. If anyone has
experience with building the python dlls, help would be welcome!

As I had the same issues with the alpha 0 build as well as with a build
downloaded from graphicall, I decided to still go forward and upload the
build for now for people to check. Disabling collada and ffmpeg didn't
change the behaviour so I'm ruling these out for now as causing the crash.

Will be back tomorrow to check, although I count on having little time
until the weekend.

Andrea