[Bf-committers] Script Xtras (proposal)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 00:42:14 CET 2010

added initial support for extensions (Add Gears script),
most of the things that need doing now are not so hard..

- install extension operator (maybe remove extension operator too),
 can start simple and become more advanced: extract zipfiles, create
extensions folder for the user.
- extension categories, only one at the moment but sure that will change.
- improve the UI, set out some kind of standard for formatting the
descriptions, access methods etc.

all of these can be done in python only if someone wants to have a go.

would be nice to have word wrapping in the UI also but thats not so trivial.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Sun, 2/14/10, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> By installer I mean a script thats probably 50-150 lines of
>> code, all
>> it needs to do is copy files from some place on the users
>> hard disk to
>> a user script folder, It can do some nice things like "Your
>> scripts
>> dir doesnt exist, would you like it to be created?", as
>> well as
>> extracting files from a zip.
>> Martin wrote something like this for 2.4x.
>
> The keyconfig import operator for 2.5 works like that too, it's super simple.
>
> Martin

- Campbell