[Bf-committers] Script Xtras (proposal)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 14:06:13 CET 2010

Hey Luka, agree Extensions is better, for some reason was thinking of
a short directory name.

First Im going to look into adding a user-pref tab, list-view,
catagories, and the ability to register and unregister modules.
The directory locations are easy to change and Im not worried so much
about this, but in general your suggestions seem good too, so we can
probably go with this but it also depends a bit on how the directories
are merged and at what point (before release, having an external svn,
etc)

Another decision we have to make is at what point are extensions
enabled disabled.

IMHO per module is the best option, Enabling and disabling a class
(panel/operator/menu) is too fine grained.

If we do this at a module level people who do very comprehensive
scripts like renderman integration say - can bundle them in a python
package which can managing its own initialization and removal.

Another option could be to have tags/categories and these could be
switched on and off, but IMHO this is  too confusing.

- Campbell