[Bf-committers] Script Xtras (proposal)

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Sat Feb 13 21:39:13 CET 2010

I think this is a great idea,
just some ideas:
-somehow there should be resolved grouping of such scripts, so that more at once get loaded, could be solved with categorisation.
-these groups would possibly have similar subdirectories like the main blender scripts - ops, io, ui,...(think big! :))
-possibly, when switching such group on, it could 'override' default ui, if ui scripts with same names are found.
  - Why? because if you think about special uses, you can soon think about customizing the ui which is common.
Then you can specially tweak blender for any task imaginable, distribute such modifications with the main software(huge advantage against the 'find it on the forum' model), satisfy much more users,...
I have personally thought about a special tweak of the ui for 2d animation, which would enable faster setup for 2.5d or pure 2d animations, and add some macro tools. WIth such organisation of the ui, this would be potentially distributable with blender.(did you notice how many 2d movies are done with blender?)
cheers,
Vilem