[Bf-committers] Anymated textures in the 3Dview

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Fri Feb 12 13:54:16 CET 2010

I checked GLSL material and GLSL render in the 3D view, I find that my
analysis is still valid. To avoid any confusion, I'm talking about the
realtime rendering in the 3D view where the image in the GPU is not
updated according to the frame number. It is interesting to note that
the preview in the material panel is updated with the current video
frame when the frame number is changed by hand (but not when playing the
animation).

The background of this research is for animators who want to integrate a
movie in their animation and need to synchronize the action with the
movie. Currently they have to go through a render cycle to check if the
synchronization is correct. Having a direct render of the movie in the
3D view would speed up the process very much.

/benoit