[Bf-committers] Is collada work in progress?

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Thu Feb 11 13:37:14 CET 2010

On 02/11/2010 01:12 PM, Dave Plater wrote:
> On 02/11/2010 12:33 PM, Arystan Dyussenov wrote:
>
>>> Is it possible that PCRENATIVE=yes fails because there are only shared
>>> libs, libpcre.so, available?
>>>

>> Yes, it's possible. The compiler should be able to find libpcre.a.
>>
>> I should at least be able to build with the unixbuild.sh script once
>>

>>> I've fixed the path problem. One possible problem though is, it uses
>>> it's own libxml and not pcre. Another possibility is, I'm building on an
>>> x86_64 system with a lib and lib64 directory, maybe it's not in the
>>> search path or something. I did try making a link libpcre.so in /lib to
>>> /lib64/libpcre.so.0.0.1
>>>

>> You can post any compiler errors to http://pasteall.org, Blender's favourite
>> pastebin, to get more help from developers.
>>
>> Arystan

Definitely a problem with finding libpcre and libexpat, if I use scons
with PCRENATIVE=yes I get the -lpcre error, if I use PCRENATIVE=no with
XMLPARSER=expatnative I get a -lexpat error. I'm giving up and going
with the unixbuild.sh option. When I've got time again I'll try a bug
with openCOLLADA, as it looks like their COLLADAValidator SConscript is
incomplete.
Regards
Dave P