[Bf-committers] Is collada work in progress?

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Thu Feb 11 10:41:26 CET 2010

On 02/11/2010 10:31 AM, Arystan Dyussenov wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>

>> I tried the build exactly as laid out in the web page and then tried
>>
> PCRENATIVE=no, I've also tried XMLPARSER with expat native and supplied,
>
> "cannot find -lpcre" error should go when compiler can find libpcre.a. When
> you build opencollada with PCRENATIVE=no, libpcre.a is created somewhere
> under Externals/pcre/lib, it should then be copied into
> [opencollada-root]/lib.

Is it possible that PCRENATIVE=yes fails because there are only shared
libs, libpcre.so, available?

>> I unpack collada in the root directory of the
>> blender sources and change to the collada directory, which is named
>> "openCOLLADA" in my case, and then build it. The directory which the
>> static libs are placed in by the build is installed-opencollada/lib and
>> the libs built are :-
>> libCOLLADABaseUtils.a,  libCOLLADASaxFrameworkLoader.a,
>> libGeneratedSaxParser.a,  libpcre.a,  libxml2.la,   testdso.a,
>> libCOLLADAFramework.a,  libConvertUTF.a, libMathMLSolver.a, libxml2.a
>> and libxml2.lai
>>

> it's is not necessary to unpack opencollada in blender source directory.

This is done by the specfile for the rpm package build process.

>> Trial and error takes a long time, what should I specify for
>> "BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH=", "BF_OPENCOLLADA=" and the one I find the most
>> difficult because the include files are scattered between different sub
>> directories in the openCOLLADA root "BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=".
>>

> you only need to specify BF_OPENCOLLADA and BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC. For example
> I have the following in my user-config.py:
>
> - - -
> colladapath = '/home/kazanbas/src/blender/opencollada'
> BF_OPENCOLLADA=colladapath
> BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=colladapath
> - - -
>
> both variables should point to OpenCollada source root

I think my problem was not specifying absolute paths from root.

>> I've
>> currently specified :-
>> BF_OPENCOLLADA=openCOLLADA
>> BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH=openCOLLADA/installed-opencollada/lib and
>> BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=openCOLLADA/, openCOLLADA being the directory
>> containing the collada sources unpacked in the blender source root. I
>> will go through Sconstruct and compare it with yours.
>>

> try using absolute paths instead of relative

See above.
> Arystan

I should at least be able to build with the unixbuild.sh script once
I've fixed the path problem. One possible problem though is, it uses
it's own libxml and not pcre. Another possibility is, I'm building on an
x86_64 system with a lib and lib64 directory, maybe it's not in the
search path or something. I did try making a link libpcre.so in /lib to
/lib64/libpcre.so.0.0.1
Thanks
Dave P