[Bf-committers] Is collada work in progress?

Wael EL ORAIBY wael.eloraiby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:21:45 CET 2010

Hi,

I think that this need to be resolved by adding opencollada to the extern/
folder, this way the dependency hell is solved. Just to note that the
collada exporter in blender seems to work correctly, however, the importer
doesn't import what it exports, and everything is deformed or planar. I m
not sure if anyone is working on fixing these issues yet ?

Regards

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Dave Plater <dplater at webafrica.org.za>wrote:

> I tried the build exactly as laid out in the web page and then tried
> PCRENATIVE=no, I've also tried XMLPARSER with expat native and supplied,
> also libxmlnative, I haven't tried the supplied libxml yet but it will
> most probably give the same result, possibly caused by openSUSE's pcre
> installation or lack of an environment variable. I've discovered that
> the opencollada Makefile points to a bash script called unixbuild.sh
> which autoconfigures and then uses cmake, it's succeeded with the build
> and maybe I can get a clue there about what's missing with the scons build.
> Thanks
> Dave P
> On 02/10/2010 04:29 PM, Arystan Dyussenov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > PCRE development package should be installed on your system.
> Alternatively
> > you can try building with PCRENATIVE=0 option in which case a bundled
> PCRE
> > version (under Externals/pcre) will be built.
> >
> > Also, after OpenCollada is built, you need to copy the libraries into
> ./lib
> > under OpenCollada's root directory. This path is added to library search
> > path when Blender is built with scons or cmake. Wiki text didn't mention
> how
> > to do it, but now it's fixed:
> >
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kazanbas/Building_Collada_Branch#Copy_libs_into_..2Flib
> > .
> >
> > Arystan
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Dave Plater <dplater at webafrica.org.za
> >wrote:
> >

> >> I can't get openCOLLADA to build, I've tried all the native xml and
> >> expat, and pcre options and I keep getting :-
> >>
> /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.4/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld:
> >> cannot find -lpcre
> >> build failures with svn 721 and 733 which is the latest collada.
> >> Thanks
> >> Dave P

Wael El Oraiby