[Bf-committers] scons/install stale files problem.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:33:20 CET 2010

On linux we do - ~/.blender/scripts, perhaps the same should be done
on all OS's, nevertheless, users can set their own scripts folder if
they want.
I also don't see this so much as a user issue (ofcourse you cant
remove a users scripts without asking), this is a problem with
compiling and re-distribution which should be kept predictable.

There are not that many scripts for 2.5 so now a good time to get
users who also compile out of the habit of storing their own scripts
in the install dir :)

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:
> If we already had an established 'user scripts folder' separate from
> the install folder then wiping it out without asking would probably be
> fine, but users are generally used to placing their own scripts in
> there.  So we need at least some sort of warning or heads up that 'any
> scripts in your scripts folder will be deleted and erased, do you wish
> to proceed' ...
>
> LetterRip
>

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Would rather not do this, since it gives the idea that this is a place
>> where users can store their own files mixed with blenders files.
>> even at the moment this isnt quite the case since any change they make
>> to a script will get overwritten on next build.
>>
>> better to make it clear this dir will always contain a working, up to
>> date blender build which wont be mixed with old files.

- Campbell