[Bf-committers] scons/install stale files problem.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:22:32 CET 2010

Would rather not do this, since it gives the idea that this is a place
where users can store their own files mixed with blenders files.
even at the moment this isnt quite the case since any change they make
to a script will get overwritten on next build.

better to make it clear this dir will always contain a working, up to
date blender build which wont be mixed with old files.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm might be good to move the scripts that are present to a
> 'oldscripts' folder.  So that you don't get rid of scripts permanently
> that a person might want to keep around even if they don't work with
> the current version.
>
> LetterRip
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A while ago I posted about blender removing scripts on installation.
>> while possible this isn't trivial with scons. (needs to have some
>> post-install step I think, that runs before installing)
>>
>> So could we remove the directory blender installs into instead?
>> would have the effect of..
>> rm -rf ../install/linux2
>>
>> On the blenderartist forum about 2.5 there have been a number of
>> people complaining about import/export (obj/3ds/fbx).
>> and bug reports like this one I cant redo.
>> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=21001&group_id=9&atid=498
>>
>> If blender is being bundled into a directory why would you want it to
>> contain files that are not apart of blender? this is what the user
>> scripts directory is for.
>> The fact that we remove scripts from svn and they still end up on
>> graphicall builds is really bad. would like to resolve this somehow.
>>
>> --
>> - Campbell

- Campbell