[Bf-committers] scons/install stale files problem.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:15:50 CET 2010

A while ago I posted about blender removing scripts on installation.
while possible this isn't trivial with scons. (needs to have some
post-install step I think, that runs before installing)

So could we remove the directory blender installs into instead?
would have the effect of..
rm -rf ../install/linux2

On the blenderartist forum about 2.5 there have been a number of
people complaining about import/export (obj/3ds/fbx).
and bug reports like this one I cant redo.
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=21001&group_id=9&atid=498

If blender is being bundled into a directory why would you want it to
contain files that are not apart of blender? this is what the user
scripts directory is for.
The fact that we remove scripts from svn and they still end up on
graphicall builds is really bad. would like to resolve this somehow.

--
- Campbell